12 Invaluable Lessons Of Life You Learned From Your Father
When you think of your father you think of a man who has silently, almost invisibly made you who you are without taking much credit for it. He is like parallel cinema, poignant and often unnoticed. So this father’s day tell your father how important he has been in your life. And how you can never thank him enough.
Here is a list of 12 life lessons that would give all the mush in the world a sugar shot!
1. We all have photos of our fathers piggybacking us. We all hear stories of how they would never put us down
Your very first lesson on physical and mental strength.
2. He would never shy away from playing a horse, an aero-plane or even playing ghar-ghar with you. Anything to see that smile on your face
He taught you to keep your ego aside when you truly love someone.
3. As you were growing up, he started to insist on clean shoes, neat hair and respect for school
The value of time and self discipline to do monotonous chores never comes easy but is a great asset to have.
4. He would get exasperated with you if you wouldn’t get that sum right, if you missed your bus or if you didn’t fare too well at school
He taught you to do things well and to try and attain perfection.
5. Together you have raided the fridge on several nights-without letting your mother ever know
Sometimes you have to let go and enjoy the little nothings in life.
6. When your mother screamed at you for coming late, he made funny faces and even stood up for you. Even though you were not completely right
He taught you to not judge loved ones. To accept them for who they really are.
7. Yet he disapproved of your new hair cut, your new dress, your choice of words and even sometimes your friends
He taught you that following the fad may not always be the right thing. You must find your own voice.
8. He may have disagreed with your choices, pressurizing you to follow his dreams
You learned that everyone is flawed. That sometimes people do what they at the given point of time know best.
9. He would seldom call and kept his distance. He ignored you for a while
And you learnt to deal with disappointment. And maybe keeping a distance does give you a better perspective.
10. He eventually came around to your choice of career and also felt the occasional pangs of pride when you finally did well
He taught you the invaluable lesson of forgiveness and moving on.
11. He made you feel nervous when you wanted to introduce him to the love of your life
And you found true unconditional love.
12. He spoils your kids silly and now sometimes behaves like them
He taught you that life is a full circle. And that a lot of who you are is him.
Today you should find time to thank him and tell him how much of a better person you are. Here is wishing all the fathers in the world a very Happy Father’s Day.